CleverTap plugin provides an easy way to integrate your Shopify stores within minutes without any code. All you need is a CleverTap account and you can have a seamless flow of events and user data from your Shopify store. You can also send personalized messages to your users through channels such as Web Push notifications, Web Pop-up, and Web Exit Intent.
Enable the Web Push notifications from the CleverTap dashboard before integrating the plugin with your Shopify store.
You can send personalized communication to your users through Web Push notifications. However, you must enable them first from the CleverTap dashboard, before integrating the plugin with your Shopify store.
The Web Push channel must be enabled before you connect the CleverTap plugin with your Shopify store. Follow the steps to enable Web Push:
- Navigate to Settings > Channels > Web Push , save the keys for Chrome and Firefox, and turn on the toggles for Web Push.
- Integrate the Shopify store from the CleverTap dashboard integrations page.
If you do not want to continue sending personalized communication with your users through Web Push notifications, you can disable them.
To disable Web Push follow the steps:
- Navigate to Settings > Channels > Web Push and turn off the toggles for Chrome and Firefox to disable Web Push.
- Reconnect the Shopify store integration from the CleverTap dashboard integrations page.
Connect your Shopify store with CleverTap by logging into your dashboard.
- Click Integrate on other platforms. The integration page displays.
- Select Shopify from the list.
- Provide the name for your Shopify store and click Connect. The Shopify login page displays.
- Enter your Shopify username and password and proceed with the suggested steps to install the CleverTap app.
Once connected, CleverTap starts receiving events and user properties of users visiting your Shopify store.
The new Shopify plugin was released on June 25, 2021.
The following table displays all the events supported by the new plugin.
This event is recorded when the user visits a page
When the user views a product
When a product is searched
Added To Cart
When a product is added to cart
Removed from Cart
When a product is removed from cart
When a customer registers on the Shopify store
Customer Logged In
When a customer logs in to the Shopify store.
Customer Logged Out
When a customer logs out of the Shopify store.
When a customer checks out items.
When a customer successfully completes the purchase .
The following table displays all the user properties supported by the plugin.
The customer's name. For example, Jack.
The customer's mobile number. For example, 97650000.
The customer's email address. For example, [email protected]
The customer's CleverTap ID. For example, 3645910.
The list of tags associated with the customer. For example, Gold customer.
The customer's city. For example, Mumbai.
This property returns the value as true if the customer accepts marketing. If the customer does not accept then returns the value as false.
This property returns the value as true if the email associated with the customer is linked to a customer account. The property returns the value as false if the email is not linked to the customer account.
The total number of orders from a customer.
Whether or not the customer is exempt from taxes.
Total amount spent on all orders. For example, 5400.
The Shopify ID of the customer. For example, 29873645910.
The customer's first name.
The customer's first name.
Webhooks are a useful tool for apps that want to sync with Shopify or take some action after a specific event occurs in the shop. You can use webhook subscriptions to receive notifications about particular events in a shop. For example, you might want to trigger an action such as an SMS or email when a customer places an order.
Follow these steps to configure each event through Shopify webhooks.
- Go to the Shopify admin panel in your store.
- Go to Settings > Notifications.
- Scroll down to the Webhooks section.
- Click Create Webhook. The Add webhook window appears.
- Select the supported event from the list.
- Enter the CleverTap endpoint URL. For example, https://api.clevertap.com/shopify/m/
- Click Save.
The following events are supported via the Shopify webhook:
- Checkout Created
- Checkout Updated
- Checkout Deleted
- Customer Created
- Customer Updated
- Draft Order Created
- Draft Order Updated
- Fulfillment Created
- Fulfillment Updated
- Order Cancelled
- Order Created
- Order Fulfilled
- Order Partially Fulfilled
- Order Updated
Checkout and Order events
The Checkout Created, Checkout Updated, Checkout Deleted and Charged events are available automatically via webhooks for all Shopify plugin installs/reinstalls after 1st October 2021. There is no need to subscribe to these events manually.
To create a Web campaign:
- From the dashboard, navigate to Campaigns.
- Click + Campaign.
- Create a Web Push , Web Pop-up , or Web Exit Intent campaign to engage your users.
The new version of the Shopify plugin was released on June 25, 2021. The previous version of this plugin supports events such as Search, Category Viewed, Product Viewed, Added to Cart, and Charged. This version also provides support for Web Pop-up and Web Exit Intent channels.
If you want to upgrade to the latest version of the plugin, please reach out to your Customer Success personnel or raise a support ticket from the dashboard.
Yes. This Shopify plugin is available for all CleverTap billing plans.
Q. I have already installed CleverTap’s Shopify plugin. How can I migrate to the new Shopify Plugin released by CleverTap on June 25, 2021?
Please reach out to your Customer Success personnel or raise a support ticket from the dashboard.
Q. I have a Shopify web store and a mobile app. How do I target users who have performed an event on my Shopify store?
Follow the steps:
- Select that the event (for example added to cart) in the CleverTap segment builder.
- Filter by event property CT Source equal to Shopify.
Updated 23 days ago