The user needs an invitation and an appropriate access level to access the CleverTap dashboard. The account admin can perform different operations, such as adding a new user, assigning the role to a user, editing the user's current role, etc. from the Settings > Users page.
After the new user is added, the dashboard allows an admin to view the following information about all the users added to the project: Name, Role, Email, User Status, Last Login, and Passcode-Status.
The account admin can perform different user management operations from the CleverTap dashboard. Each of these operations is described briefly in the following sections.
To invite a new user to the CleverTap dashboard:
- Navigate to Settings > Users from the CleverTap dashboard.
- Click + User. On clicking, the Invite users window displays on the right side.
- Enter the email address and assign the role. For more information about different roles in the CleverTap dashboard, refer to Role-Based Access Control.
Assign Multiple Roles to a User
You can assign multiple roles to a user if needed. If you assign two system roles to the user, the role with higher precedence is assigned to the user.
Invite Multiple Users at Once
You can invite multiple users (up to 50) at once by clicking + User from the Invite User window.
- Click Invite to extend invitations to the email IDs added.
You can download the list of all the users by clicking Download as CSV from the Users page.
You can also edit the role of the user in the future. To do so, click the against the required user and select Edit Role from the list.
For more information about role management, refer to Role-Based Access Control.
You can assign or unassign roles for multiple users at once. To do so:
- Navigate to Settings > Users
- Select the set of users for whom you want to assign or unassign the roles
- Click the Hat icon.
- After the Edit Roles window opens, enter the roles you wish to assign to your users in the Assign roles field. Similarly, enter the roles you wish to unassign for your users in the Unassign roles field.
- After making the required changes, click Continue.
- Review the bulk changes in user roles and click Save.
Revoking user access implies that the user no longer has access to the dashboard. To do so, click the against the required user and select Revoke User Access from the list.
Every CleverTap API call requires a passcode to authenticate the API calls. Granting a user passcode helps authenticate the user when making API calls. To grant a passcode, click the icon against the required user and select Grant Passcode from the list.
Select the tenure for which you want to grant the passcode and then click Grant to confirm your action.
For more information about API authentication in CleverTap, refer to Authentication.
Reset Passcode generates a fresh new passcode for the user. Post resetting, the user must incorporate this passcode for the APIs. To reset the passcode, click the icon against the required user and select Reset Passcode from the list.
Updated about 1 month ago