Allow users to opt-out of a specific group of messages.
CleverTap offers Group Unsubscribe, which allows customers to opt out of certain groups of messages. With Group Unsubscribe, the customer unsubscribes only from a particular group of messages but continues receiving the messages of interest.
You can group every marketing campaign or outgoing communication message into different subscription group categories. Customers may like to receive messages about a particular category but might opt out of a separate category of messages.
Create Subscription Groups
Perform the following steps to create a Subscription Group from a particular campaign.
- From the CleverTap dashboard, select Settings > Engage > Setup Subscription Groups.
- Enter the group's name, provide a brief description, and select the Email channel.
- Click Save.
Active Subscription Groups
Customers can set up 50 active groups. They can also archive groups to create new ones.
Use Subscription Groups in Segments
From the CleverTap dashboard, select Segments > Find People.
From Display common properties such as section, click +Properties.
Click +Properties and select Subscription Groups from the dropdown menu.
- Select the Exclude/Include parameter and accept the All default or select one or multiple options.
Use Subscription Groups in Campaigns
You can choose to exclude subscription group users from your campaigns.
- From the CleverTap dashboard, select Campaign and create an email campaign. Refer to Create Email Campaign.
- From the Who > Control group and targeting cap > Do not send this campaign to users who have unsubscribed from the following groups section.
- Select the groups you don't want to include in your campaign from the Select subscription groups list.
- Click Apply.
- Click Continue
- Complete creating the email campaign.
Use Subscription Groups in Email Landing Page
Refer to handling unsubscribes to add the Subscription Group configuration to your email landing page.
Whenever a user unsubscribes, CleverTap raises a system event called Channel Unsubscribed which updates the user's property with the status of subscription for the group.
Updated 3 months ago