As an added security measure, in CleverTap you can set up two-factor authentication while logging in.
There are two levels of 2FA configurations in CleverTap:
- Account level 2FA
- User level 2FA
To set up two-factor authentication (2FA) at a user level:
- Navigate to the Settings > Profile section (available at the top right corner) > Edit Profile in your CleverTap dashboard.
- Click Enable 2FA
- Download the Google Authenticator App
- Scan the barcode you see on the CleverTap Dashboard & enter the security code
Once you have enabled 2FA, you need to enter the one-time password generated by the Google Authenticator application each time you try to log into your CleverTap account.
User Level 2FA
User level 2FA is applicable only when Account level 2FA is disabled
The admin of the respective account can enable or disable the account level 2FA.
Account level 2FA
Enabling Account level 2FA makes it mandatory for all users of that CleverTap account to have their 2FA setup.
Admins get the option to enable/disable the account-level Two-factor authentication toggle in the Settings view as shown below.
Once enabled, all team members will be required to set up two-factor authentication on their next login.
Users that have 2FA enabled for the dashboard access might need to reset their 2FA keys in case they lose access to their authenticator app.
In such a case, admins of the respective organization can reset the 2FA key for a particular user. To do so, admins need to:
- Navigate to Settings > Security > Two-Factor Authentication. This will display the list of all users email addresses that have 2FA enabled.
- Click the reset icon adjacent to the user account for which you need to reset the 2FA key.
Once the admin resets a key for an account, the user will be asked to set up two-factor authentication on their next login.
Updated 3 months ago