Once the recommendations have been published, you can use them in your engagement workflow by creating personalized and contextual recommendations for your user base.
During the campaign creating in the What section, access recommendations with the following steps:
- Type the @ symbol to personalize your message.
- Click + Create under Recommendation Content.
To create recommendation content, perform the following steps:
- Select a recommendation from a list of recommendations that have already been published and the event that you want to trigger the recommendation.
You can only select events you mapped to the catalog on which the chosen recommendation is running.
- (Optional) Filter recommendations by event or by location:
- Click + Filter by event.
- Select whether you want to include or exclude an event and categories.
- Add more events if required.
How the Filter by Event Works
The filter by event takes precedence over recommended items and selected events matching. It provides the capability to include and exclude all recommended items when an item in the product catalog column matches a defined event property.
- Click + Filter by location.
- Select a product location catalog and a radius.
- Add more locations if required.
How the Filter by Location Works
The filter by location takes precedence over the location of the recommended items which are fetched from the location catalog. Items in a defined range are looked up with the associated product location catalog and matched with the user's last known location to be included in the filter.
- Decide the sequence of items to be served up to the user out of the list of items that can be recommended (for example, serve up the first item from the list of recommended items).
- Click Create.
Web Popup Campaign Preview
In case of Web Popup campaign preview, CleverTap does not support recommendations.
Now that you have created a recommendation, use the following steps to finalize your content:
- Choose the particular fields from the catalog that you want to use in your personalized message.
- Enter your content in the title and message.
When the campaign is sent out, the fields will be replaced and the message will contain the personalized fields for each product.
You can send out a recommended video to the user with the video name and thumbnail image based on the last videos a user has watched.
- Send a test campaign to yourself to see the look and feel of the campaign. The test message will show the first item in the recommendation list.
- Once you are done testing, publish the campaign.
You can create email campaigns with recommended content by invoking recommendations within the email messages. Beyond this part, all the steps are the same as the generic ones described in the sections above.
You can create emails using:
- New email with rich media
You can create personalized recommendations using a new email with media with the steps below.
You can add recommendations within links with the following steps:
- Click on the link icon to add a link to your email message.
- Type the @ symbol to personalize the link using recommendations in the display text and the URL fields.
You can also add recommendations within images with the following steps:
- Click on the image icon to add an image to your email message.
- Type the @ symbol to personalize the link using recommendations in the URL and the alternative text fields.
The remainder of the steps is the same as any other campaigns as explained in the sections above.
You can create personalized recommendations using template emails with the steps below.
You can add recommendations within links, images, deeplinks, and custom HTML with the following steps:
- Drag and drop the Dynamic Content block into the content box in the center of the email body.
- Click on the new content box to display the menu on the right.
- Click on the Add options button to access the dynamic content options.
- When the window pop-up displays, select one of the following options:
- Custom HTML
Option Name Required
When you create a dynamic block, the option name is mandatory. Also, these dynamic blocks can be re-used if required.
Type the @ symbol to personalize the image content using recommendations in the URL, alternative text, and target URL fields.
Type the @ symbol to personalize the deeplink content using recommendations in the display text and URL fields.
Type the @ symbol to personalize the text content using recommendations in the text field.
Type the @ symbol to personalize the custom HTML content using recommendations in the custom HTML code box.
You can access recommendations within the existing text content type with the following steps:
- Drag and drop the Text block into the content box in the center of the email body.
- Click on the content box to display the menu.
- Click More > Personalized Deeplink.
- Type the @ symbol to personalize the deelink content using recommendations in the display text and URL fields.
Updated 10 months ago