CleverTap supports sending emails through Amazon SES.
- In the dashboard, navigate to Settings and click on Integrate Email.
- Select Amazon SES.
- Go to Server Name and Port values should grabbed from your Amazon SES → Dashboard → SMTP Settings.
- Username and Password values should your SMTP credentials from Amazon SES. These are not your AWS account credentials.
- From Address – This should have one of the values from Amazon SES → Dashboard → Verified Senders → Email addresses list. Most people will not open an email unless they recognize the sender.
- Save your settings.
- Finally, click Send a test email and fill in your details to test the configuration details you entered. Has it arrived in your inbox? If not, see troubleshooting steps below.
When an email is classified as bounced, CleverTap needs to be notified so that no further deliveries to that mailbox are attempted. This is considered a good practice and helps improve your sender reputation.
To enable support for bounce processing, follow the steps below.
- Go to Amazon SNS
- Create a Topic. Learn more here
- Now select that Topic, and navigate to Actions → Subscribe to Topic
- Select HTTPS as the Protocol
- As the Endpoint value, add the Callback URL as shown in your CleverTap Email Settings page
- Save your settings by clicking on Create Subscription
- Navigate to Amazon SES
- Select the Email Address that you had previously added to the CleverTap Dashboard
- Click on View Details
- Click on Notifications → Edit Configuration
- Under SNS Topic Configuration, select the Topic you created earlier
- Save the configuration
To handle unsubscribe requests from users, you can follow the steps mentioned here.
- Sandbox mode: If you’re getting an Invalid Credentials message when saving your settings, it could be that your Amazon SES account is a sandboxed one. You need a valid production ready Amazon SES account to save your credentials. Learn more here
- Spam: Check your SPAM folder to see if the message has been classified as SPAM by your email provider