This section provides information about exporting event data from CleverTap to the Mixpanel dashboard. CleverTap also offers to import Mixpanel cohorts. To learn more about this feature, refer to Mixpanel Import.
Export Limit Per Event
Mixpanel supports exporting only 255 event properties per event. If the number of event properties exceeds the Mixpanel limit, the CleverTap exports the first 255 event properties.
The setup involves adding Mixpanel project details to the CleverTap dashboard. To add the project details:
- Log in to your CleverTap account.
- Navigate to Settings > Partners.
- Hover on the Mixpanel icon and click Integrate.
On clicking, Integrate analytics partner - Mixpanel popup opens on the right side of the screen.
- Enter the following details and click Integrate:
Mixpanel Project ID
The Project token is used to send event data to Mixpanel. For more information, refer to Project ID.
Service Account Username
A descriptive name for the service account in Mixpanel. For more information, refer to Service Account Username.
Service Account Secret
The secret API is the key that corresponds to your project. For more information, refer to Service Account Secret.
|Mixpanel Distinct ID Mapping||This user property is used as an identifier when sending events data to Mixpanel. For more information, refer to Distinct ID.|
After successful integration, the Integrated tag displays against Mixpanel on the Partner List page.
To create a new export:
- Navigate to Settings > Partners > Exports.
- Click + Export and select Mixpanel from the Partners list.
On clicking, the Export to Mixpanel popup displays on the right side of the screen.
- Configure the settings as required.
- Type: Select the events to export from the available options. For more information, refer to Export Details.
- Frequency: Select from one of the following options:
- One time: A single export for the selected export type. You can export data up to the last 60 days. You create an export for a specific day, date range, previous month, current month, and more.
- Recurring: Set up a recurring export that exports all the new events captured in the last window. You can export data as frequently as every 4 hours and up to once every 24 hours.
If you are a Mixpanel enterprise customer and require a higher limit for a one-time backfill, contact [email protected] with your project_id and use-case.
- Click Export. On clicking, the popup closes and the following message displays at the top of the Exports page:
CleverTap processes the export, and you can now see the newly created export for Mixpanel.
The status for each export is displayed as Pending as soon as the export is created. The status changes to Running after the processing starts. It changes to Done when the export is complete.
You can also stop ta running export. To do so, click the icon and click Stop to confirm your action.
On clicking, you are navigated back to the Exports page and the Mixpanel data export stopped message displays at the top. The status of export is now displayed as Stopped.
You might need to modify an export to meet specific business requirements or while waiting for the next run. This section describes editing a Live Data Streaming and Recurring export in the Running and Pending (awaiting next run) state.
Points to Remember
- In case of running exports, the new changes will apply to the next run.
- You cannot edit a One-time export, regardless its status (running, pending, completed, or stopped).
- You cannot change the export from User Profile to Event and vice-versa.
- You cannot modify exports marked as Completed or Stopped.
- Export changes for Live DataStreaming take 10-15 minutes to take effect.
To edit an export:
- On the CleverTap dashboard, go to Partners > Exports.
- Click the Ellipsis icon. The Edit and the Stop buttons appear.
- Click the Edit button. The Overview section appears.
- Edit the export details and click Update.
Select from one of the following options to export events from CleverTap to the Mixpanel dashboard:
Export data for all defined events, including System and Custom events.
Select the specific events to export.
Export the following engagement events:
CleverTap Event Name
The event is tracked when a user clicks on a Mobile Push, In-App, Email, Web Popup, or Web Push message sent via the CleverTap dashboard or through the campaign API.
This event is tracked when the brand receives a reply from the user for WhatsApp.
The event is tracked when a campaign is activated with a Control group.
The event is tracked for a profile when:
The event is tracked when the WhatsApp provider confirms that the notification has reached the end user (double-tick of WhatsApp).
AB Experiment Rendered
The event is tracked when you are using the Product A/B Tests feature and the variant reaches the device.
AB Experiment Stopped
The event is tracked when you are using the Product A/B Tests feature and the AB experiment is stopped.
AB Experiment Rolled Out
The event is tracked when you are using the Product A/B Tests feature and the winner variant is sent to all the devices.
The event is tracked when you enable the geofence feature and your device enters a geofence.
The event is tracked when you enable the geofence feature and your device exits a geofence.
The event is tracked against the user profile of the end-user when an agent (CleverTap user) replies to a WhatsApp message from the end user.
The event is tracked when a webhook campaign is delivered successfully.
Updated 29 days ago