Understand how to integrate Infobip with CleverTap for WhatsApp communication
CleverTap users can now leverage the WhatsApp capabilities of Infobip to communicate with their customers:
- Sending just-in-time offers to customers to drive purchases
- Gathering feedback about services
- Keeping customers informed and more
Support For Integration
This integration is completed by Infobip, and they are dedicated to maintaining and enhancing it. The CleverTap and Infobip integration has undergone stringent testing to ensure seamless functionality. For any questions or issues, contact Infobip for support and resolution.
Prerequisites for Integration
The following are the prerequisites:
- You must enable a WhatsApp Connect add-on on the Clevertap account in addition to the basic price plan.
- The WhatsApp onboarding must be completed for the phone number to be used with CleverTap.
- You must have Infobip's user credentials.
- The Infobip API endpoint - https://clevertap-whatsapp.ibintegrations.com/api/sendmessage.
Integrate Infobip with CleverTap
This process involves the following three steps:
Find Infobip Details
We recommend that you keep the API endpoint and Login Credentials handy before starting with the configuration on the CleverTap dashboard:
To find these credentials:
- Navigate to your Infobip dashboard.
- Create a new user from Account > User profile.
We recommend creating a separate user for the Infobip-CleverTap WhatsApp integration. Use these user credentials to authenticate the Infobip API and provide basic authentication on the CleverTap dashboard. For more information about user management, refer to Manage Infobip Users.
- Navigate to Channels and Numbers > WhatsApp > Senders tab to find the WhatsApp number.
- Copy the WhatsApp phone number and keep it handy for further use.
Configure CleverTap Dashboard
To configure the CleverTap dashboard:
- Navigate to Settings > Channels > WhatsApp from the CleverTap dashboard.
- Click + Add Provider and select Generic (Other) from the dropdown.
- Enter the following details:
|Provider||Select Other (Generic) from the dropdown list.|
|Nickname||Enter the nickname as Infobip or Infobip <10-digit phone number> for easy reference.|
|Mobile Number||Enter your phone number onboarded to WhatsApp API by Infobip.|
|Request Type||Ensure the Request Type is Post.|
|HTTP Endpoint||Enter HTTP Endpoint as the following: https://clevertap-whatsapp.ibintegrations.com/api/sendmessage|
|Authentication||Select Basic Authentication and enter the Username and Password for the user.|
|Delivery Report Callback URL||This URL is generated automatically. Share the URL with your Infobip account manager.|
|Inbound Message Callback URL||This URL is generated automatically. Share the URL with your Infobip account manager.|
- (Optional) Select Mark this as default to make this service provider the default provider to send a WhatsApp message.
- (Optional) Select Set auto-reply for users not tracked on CleverTap to automatically reply to users who message on WhatsApp but are not tracked on the CleverTap dashboard.
- Click Save to save the details.
Set Up CleverTap Callbacks in Infobip
You can find the Callback URLs on the CleverTap dashboard under the Provider Setup page. Naviagte to Settings > Channels > WhatsApp > Infobip.
To set up the CleverTap callbacks, share the following with your Infobip account manager:
- Delivery Report Callback URL
- Inbound Message Callback URL
- The WhatsApp phone number that will be used in CleverTap
Find or Create Templates
You can find or create WhatsApp templates from the Infobip dashboard. To do so:
- Navigate to Channels and Numbers from the left menu as shown below:
Select WhatsApp and click the Senders tab.
From the Action menu, click View Templates.
- From the list of templates, search for your template. Expand the template that you want to save in the CleverTap Dashboard.
- Export and save the template on your machine.
Exporting a Template
The Infobip dashboard does not display all the details for the selected template. We recommend exporting the template and keeping the details handy. You can copy and paste the values from the exported template to the CleverTap dashboard to ensure you are not missing any field. For more information, refer to Adding a WhatsApp Template in CleverTap.
Add Message Template
To create WhatsApp campaigns, you must have pre-approved WhatsApp message templates saved in the CleverTap dashboard. To add the message templates:
- Navigate to Settings > Channels > WhatsApp > Provider Nickname from the CleverTap dashboard.
- Select the Templates option, and click +Template.
- Enter the template name in the Namespace field.
- Choose the type of template header (Text or Media). For Media headers, you can use Image, Video, Document, and Location.
- Enter the message content.
- Select Footer to add a footer text and a button (Quick Reply or a Call To Action).
- Select the Language in which you want to display the message.
- Click Save Template.
Test a Message Template
You can send a test message using the saved templates from the CleverTap dashboard as follows:
- Hover over the desired template for which you want to send a test notification.
- Click Send Test.
- Select the test profiles or manually enter the mobile number to whom you want to send the test message and click Send Test.
The success or failure response is displayed on the dashboard. If the message is not delivered, you can copy the response payload and share it with the Infobip team to debug the issue, as shown in the following figure:
To create a WhatsApp campaign using Infobip as the provider, refer to Create a WhatsApp Campaign for detailed instructions.
Creating a Journey
To create a WhatsApp journey using Infobip as the provider, refer to Create a WhatsApp Journey for detailed instructions.
Updated 9 days ago