CleverTap provides a set of default dashboards, such as the Today View, which you can use to analyze user activity in your application. Custom Dashboards is a feature in CleverTap that allows you to create and customize your board.
Each custom dashboard you create is composed of cards, which are widgets you can pin to the board to track the metrics of your interest. You can pin cards that track events, funnels, segments, trends, and cohorts.
For example, if you want to create a custom dashboard to analyze Charged events over the past 30 days, you can add a line graph card to view the number of Charged events and a bar graph to view the distribution between App Launched and Charged.
After you build your custom dashboard, you can pin an item to a custom board and can also share the board with other people in your organization.
Custom dashboards can have the following features: Boards, Cards, and Workflows.
This section provides information about different user operations on the boards. Users can view a list of all boards created by them and the public boards available for users in their organization.
Select the board from the All Boards page. You can perform the following actions on a particular board:
You can do so by clicking the icon present under Created by and Created on columns.
- Select the board from the Boards > All boards page.
- Click Mark As Favorite present at the top of the page.
The message Board marked as favorite successfully! displays at the top of the board page.
CleverTap provides restricted dashboard access so that the owner of a dashboard can control the members who can view and contribute to the insights captured on the dashboard. The dashboard owner can add and remove members from the access list and can control access levels.
To share a dashboard, perform the following steps:
- Create your custom dashboard.
- Click Share. The Share Board popup displays with restricted permissions by default. Use the search box to view and add users to this board.
The Share option is only visible to the board's creator after they create the board.
- Select a user and click Send. An email is sent to the user with a link to the board.
Select as many users as needed before clicking Send to add multiple users.
Change Default Board Permissions
You can change the default permissions by clicking the Change link on the Share Board and selecting the appropriate permission.
- Click Share and select the permission from the list next to the user name.
- Select Viewer or Editor. You can remove the user access by selecting Remove.
- Click Save.
The following table describes a list of board limits:
Paid Plans (Enterprise/Business)
This section provides information about different user operations on the card. Select the board to view all the included cards.
You can perform the following actions on a particular card:
- Navigate to Segment > Segments.
- Select a segment.
- Click the icon to pin the report to an existing or new board.
- Enter the Card name and select the board where you want to pin this card.
Other Analytics Features
The following steps can also be performed for Events, Funnels, Segments, Find People, and Trends.
- Click the icon and enter the new name.
- Click the icon to save the changes.
Delete Cards Access
Only the creator of the board or the administrators can delete cards on public boards.
The steps listed in the above section can also be followed to pin any chart that provides the Pin to board(s) option.
This section covers how to build a custom dashboard. Consider the example where you want to number of users who performed Charged event for the last month.
You can do so by:
To create a board:
- From the left navigation menu, click Boards.
- Click + Board to create a new board.
- Enter your board name and click Create.
When you create your new board, you start with an empty board. To track the metrics mentioned above:
- Click any of the sections within the empty board. For example, select Trends to track the users who charged last month.
- Select Charged event and select the required Date Range from the Events page.
- Click icon .
- Enter the Card name and select an existing board or create a new board by selecting Pin to a new board.
- Click Pin to view the metrics on the custom dashboard whenever required.
The action that a user can perform on the dashboard may vary depending on the type of their access, as shown in the following table:
Create a board
Yes, can create a private board
Delete their board
Pin a card to their board
Pin a card to any public board
Delete a pinned card from their board
Delete any pinned cards from any public boards
Updated about 1 month ago