The Custom Dashboards is a feature in CleverTap that allows you to create and customize your board. CleverTap provides a set of default dashboards, such as the Today View, which you can use to analyze user activity in your application.
Each custom dashboard you create is composed of cards, which are widgets you can pin to the board to track the metrics of your interest. You can pin cards and track the metrics using one of the following features: events, funnels, segments, trends, cohorts, and pivots.
For example, if you want to track the following metrics for the last 30 days:
- Number of users who performed App Launched and Charged events
- Number of users who performed the Charged event
You can create a custom dashboard and add cards to track the above metrics, as shown in the following figure. You can also pin those cards to the dashboard.
After you build your custom dashboard, you can also share the board with others in your organization.
Custom dashboards can have the following features:
The board's section provides information about different boards created for the project and the operations that can be performed on these boards. On this page, users can view a list of all boards:
- Created by them,
- Shared with them, and
- Public boards that are available for users in their organization.
To access boards on the CleveTap dashboard, navigate to Boards > All Boards. The All boards page opens.
This section covers how to create a custom dashboard. To create a board:
- Navigate to Boards from the left navigation menu.
- Click + Board.
- Enter your board name and click Create.
You can perform the following actions on a particular board:
You can sort the boards by the date on which the board was created and the person who created the board. To sort the boards, click the icon under Created by and Created on columns.
You can search the boards by board name or creator's email ID. To search boards, enter the search criteria under the Search text box
You can mark a board as a favorite by performing the following steps:
- Select the board from the Boards > All boards page.
- Click Mark As Favorite from the top of the page.
The message Board marked as favorite successfully! displays at the top of the board page, and the board gets added to the Favorites section on the left navigation.
You can view the data for the different periods by changing the date range of all cards on the board, as shown below:
You can refresh the dashboard to view the most recent information by clicking Refresh from the top of the page.
CleverTap provides restricted dashboard access so that the dashboard owner can control the members who can view and contribute to the insights captured on the dashboard. The dashboard owner can add or remove members from the access list and can control access levels.
To share a dashboard, perform the following steps:
- Create your custom dashboard.
- Click Share. The Share Board popup displays with restricted permissions by default. Use the search box to view and add users to this board.
The Share option is only visible to the board's creator.
- Select a user and click Send. An email is sent to the user with a link to the board.
Select as many users as needed before clicking Send to add multiple users.
Change Default Board Permissions
You can change the default permissions by clicking the Change link on the Share Board and selecting the appropriate permission.
This option is used when you want to track the same metrics with minor changes. Anyone who has access to your project can clone the board by clicking More and then selecting Clone from the list.
You can rename the board by clicking More and then selecting Edit from the list.
You can delete the boards you created by clicking More and then selecting Delete from the list.
You can also edit the user's permissions to either Viewer (view-only access), Editor (view and edit access), or remove the user completely. To do so:
- Click Share and select the permission from the list next to the user name.
- Select Viewer or Editor. You can remove the user access by selecting Remove.
- Click Save.
The following table describes a list of board limits:
Paid Plans (Enterprise/Business)
This section provides information about different operations that can be performed on the card. Select the board to view all the included cards.
You can perform the following actions on a particular card:
When you create your new board, you start with an empty board. CleverTap allows you to pin Event details, Segments, Funnels, Cohorts, Trends, or Pivots to a particular card.
You can pin a card on a board in the following two ways:
Consider the example where you want the number of users who performed Charged event in the last 30 days. To pin the card for these metrics to the Board:
- Click Events from the empty board.
- Select Charged event and select the required Date Range from the Events page.
- Click the icon.
- Enter the Card name and select an existing board or create a new board by selecting Pin to a new board.
- Click Pin to view the metrics on the custom dashboard whenever required.
The pinned card is visible on the board:
Users can pin Event details, Segments, Funnels, Cohorts, Trends, or Pivots to a particular card. Consider the example of pinning a card that shows information about a particular segment.
The steps listed below can also be followed to pin any chart that provides the Pin to board(s) option.
To pin a card of the example metrics:
- Navigate to Segment > Segments, from the dashboard.
- Select a segment.
- Click the icon to pin the report to an existing or new board.
- Enter the Card name and select the board where you want to pin this card.
Other Analytics Features
The following steps can also be performed for Events, Funnels, Segments, Find People, and Trends.
You can change the card's name when you hover over any card on a board. To do so:
- Click the icon and enter the new name.
- Click the icon to save the changes.
This is applicable only to the Funnels card. You can customize a Funnel card and rename the following:
- Funnel Steps
To do so:
- Click the icon from the funnel card.
- Click Customize Card.
- Rename the required Funnel Steps or Legends.
- Click Customize.
You can view the most recent data for a card by clicking the icon.
You can delete the card by clicking the icon.
Delete Cards Access
Only the creator of the board or the administrators can delete cards on public boards.
You can resize the card by clicking the icon.
You can reorder the sequence of cards by clicking the icon.
The action that a user can perform on the dashboard may vary depending on the type of access, as shown in the following table:
|Create a board||Yes||Yes||Yes, can create a private board|
|Delete their board||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Pin a card to their board||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Pin a card to any public board||Yes||Yes||No|
|Delete a pinned card from their board||Yes||No||No|
|Delete any pinned cards from any public boards||Yes||No||No|
Updated 27 days ago