CleverTap provides a set of default dashboards, such as the Today View, which you can use to analyze user activity in your application. Custom Dashboards is a feature in CleverTap that allows you to create and customize your board.
Each custom dashboard you create is composed of cards, which are widgets you can pin to the board to track the metrics of your interest. You can pin cards that track events, funnels, segments, trends, cohorts, and pivots.
For example, if you want to track the following metrics for the last 30 days:
- Number of users who performed Charged event
- Number of users who performed App Launched and Charged events
You can create a custom dashboard and add cards to track the above metrics, as shown in the following figure. You can also pin those cards to the dashboard.
After you build your custom dashboard, you can also share the board with others in your organization.
Custom dashboards can have the following features: Boards and Cards.
This section provides information about different user operations on the boards. Users can view a list of all boards:
- Created by them,
- Shared with them, and
- Public boards available for users in their organization.
Select the board from the All Boards page. You can perform the following actions on a particular board:
You can sort the boards by the date on which the board was created and the person who created the board.Sort
You can do so by clicking the icon present under Created by and Created on columns.
You can search the boards by board name or creator email. You can do so by entering the search criteria under the Search text box.Search
- Select the board from the Boards > All boards page.
- Click Mark As Favorite present at the top of the page.
The message Board marked as favorite successfully! displays at the top of the board page, and the board is now added to the Favorites section on the left navigation.
You can view the data for the different periods by changing the date range of all cards on the board.Change Date Range
You can refresh the dashboard to view the most recent information by clicking Refresh present at the top of the page.Refresh
CleverTap provides restricted dashboard access so that the owner of a dashboard can control the members who can view and contribute to the insights captured on the dashboard. The dashboard owner can add and remove members from the access list and can control access levels.
To share a dashboard, perform the following steps:
- Create your custom dashboard.
- Click Share. The Share Board popup displays with restricted permissions by default. Use the search box to view and add users to this board.
The Share option is only visible to the board's creator after they create the board.
- Select a user and click Send. An email is sent to the user with a link to the board.
Select as many users as needed before clicking Send to add multiple users.
Change Default Board Permissions
You can change the default permissions by clicking the Change link on the Share Board and selecting the appropriate permission.
This option is used when you want to track the same metrics with minor changes. Anyone who has access to your project can clone the board by clicking More and then selecting Clone from the list.Clone
You can delete the boards you created by clicking More and then selecting Delete from the list.Delete
You can also edit the user's permissions to either Viewer (view-only access), Editor (view and edit access), or remove the user access user completely. To do so:Edit User Permissions
- Click Share and select the permission from the list next to the user name.
- Select Viewer or Editor. You can remove the user access by selecting Remove.
- Click Save.
The following table describes a list of board limits:
Paid Plans (Enterprise/Business)
This section provides information about different user operations on the card. Select the board to view all the included cards.
You can perform the following actions on a particular card:
Users can pin Event details, Segments, Funnels, Cohorts, Trends, or Pivots to a particular card. Consider the example of pinning a card that shows information about a particular segment.Pin a Card
The steps listed below can also be followed to pin any chart that provides the Pin to board(s) option.
To pin a card:
- Navigate to Segment > Segments.
- Select a segment.
- Click the icon to pin the report to an existing or new board.
- Enter the Card name and select the board where you want to pin this card.
Other Analytics Features
The following steps can also be performed for Events, Funnels, Segments, Find People, and Trends.
- Click the icon and enter the new name.
- Click the icon to save the changes.
Delete Cards Access
Only the creator of the board or the administrators can delete cards on public boards.
Build Your First Custom Dashboard
This section covers how to build a custom dashboard. Consider the example where you want to number of users who performed Charged event for the last month.
You can do so by:
Create a New Board
To create a board:
- From the left navigation menu, click Boards.
- Click + Board to create a new board.
- Enter your board name and click Create.
Pin a Card
When you create your new board, you start with an empty board. To track the metrics mentioned above:
- Click any of the sections within the empty board. For example, select Trends to track the users who charged last month.
- Select Charged event and select the required Date Range from the Events page.
- Click icon .
- Enter the Card name and select an existing board or create a new board by selecting Pin to a new board.
- Click Pin to view the metrics on the custom dashboard whenever required.
The action that a user can perform on the dashboard may vary depending on the type of their access, as shown in the following table:
|Create a board||Yes||Yes||Yes, can create a private board|
|Delete their board||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Pin a card to their board||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Pin a card to any public board||Yes||Yes||No|
|Delete a pinned card from their board||Yes||No||No|
|Delete any pinned cards from any public boards||Yes||No||No|
Updated about 2 months ago