Set up your mobile push notifications from the CleverTap dashboard.
Navigate to Settings > Channels> Mobile push.
Set up and enter credentials for all the platforms that your application supports:
For Android 8.0 and above, you can create a group of channels that your users. The users can then choose to turn on or turn off the subscription to these channels. Create a list of channels that will be available in campaign creation.
You can either create and upload:
We recommend that you create and upload an APNs Auth Key.
CleverTap SDK tracks data based on the integration setup. Refer to CleverTap SDKs for more inforkamaton.
The following system events can be enabled manually:
You can raise and record push notifications delivered to your users’ Android devices.
- Navigate to Settings > Schema > Events.
- From the System Events tab, search for Push Impressions, then click on the vertical ellipsis menu.
- Click on Setup push impressions. A new window displays.
- Turn on the Mobile Push toggle.
- Click on Save to enable the option.
After the toggle is on, all the push notifications delivered are recorded under the Push Impressions event. The viewed and conversion count from this event is also available under Analytics > Events.
Some things to consider include:
- The push event can only be raised for CleverTap SDK version 3.5.1 and above for Android and version 3.5.0 and above for iOS.
- If the notification channel is incorrect, the push notification is not delivered on the device and therefore, no event is raised for the push impression.
To raise the Notification Viewed event for iOS, it is mandatory to enable the Mutable Content under the iOS section of the campaign creation.
For more information on how to enable Notification Viewed for your account, refer to our developer documentation.
You can throttle the rate at which CleverTap delivers push notifications under Settings > Setup > Campaign Limits. If your user base is large and all users receive and click on a push notification at roughly the same time to open the app, you could experience a significant, unwanted load on your systems.
By using push campaign throttling, you can meter how quickly CleverTap delivers your notifications.
Push Campaign Throttling Example
If your reachable audience for a campaign is 500,000 users and your back-end systems can only support up to 20% of them, you can set a throttle limit to 100,000 notifications per 15-minute interval. The entire campaign will then deliver in 1 hour 15 minutes.
Updated 4 months ago