Understand how to integrate Haptik with CleverTap for WhatsApp communication
Support For Integration
This integration is completed by Haptik, and they are dedicated to maintaining and enhancing it. The CleverTap and Haptik integration has undergone stringent testing to ensure seamless functionality. For any questions or issues, contact Haptik for support and resolution.
CleverTap users can now leverage the following WhatsApp capabilities of Haptik to communicate the following with their customers.
- Sending just-in-time offers to customers to drive purchases
- Gathering feedback on the services
- Keeping customers informed and more
Prerequisites for Integration
The following are the prerequisites:
- You must have a WhatsApp add-on enabled on the Clevertap account in addition to the basic price plan.
- Ensure that WhatsApp onboarding for the phone number to be used with CleverTap is completed.
- You must have Haptik's WhatsApp Business API
Integrate Haptik with CleverTap
This process involves the following three steps:
Find Haptik Credentials
We recommend that you keep the Callback URL and Token details handy before starting with the configuration on the CleverTap dashboard:
To find these credentials:
- Navigate to your Haptik Conversation Studio platform.
- Open your bot account.
- Navigate to Business Manager > Channels > Platform Deployments.
- Select CleverTap from the Platform drop-down.
Copy the credentials for configuring the CleverTap dashboard:
- Callback URL
Configure CleverTap Dashboard
To configure the CleverTap dashboard:
- Navigate to Settings > Channels > WhatsApp from the CleverTap dashboard.
- Click + Add Provider and select Generic (Other) from the dropdown.
- Enter the following details:
|Provider||Select Other (Generic) from the dropdown list.|
|Nickname||Enter the nickname as Haptik or Haptik <10 digit phone number> for easy reference.|
|WhatsApp Business Number||Enter your phone number onboarded to WhatsApp API by Haptik.|
|Request Type||Ensure the Request Type is Post|
|HTTP Endpoint||Paste the Callback URL from Haptik's Platform Deployments tab as illustrated in the previous step.|
Ensure that the URL is in HTTPS format, i.e, your URL must begin with https://.
|Headers||Click Header > and then Enter the Key name as Token and paste the token value copied from Haptik's Platform Deployments tab, as illustrated in the previous step.|
While pasting the Callback URL from the Haptik dashboard to the CleverTap dashboard, ensure that the URL is in HTTPS format, i.e your URL must begin with https://.
- Select the Mark this as default checkbox to make this service provider the default provider to send a WhatsApp message.
- To send an automatic reply to users who message on WhatsApp but are not tracked on the CleverTap dashboard, select the Set auto-reply for users not tracked on CleverTap checkbox.
- Click Save to save the details.
Set Up CleverTap Callbacks in Haptik
To set up the CleverTap callbacks:
- Copy the Delivery Report Callback URL from the CleverTap dashboard. You can find the Callback URLs under the Provider Setup page ( Settings > Channels > WhatsApp > Haptik)
- Paste the callback URL:
a. Open your Haptik bot account > navigate to Business Manager > Channels > Platform Deployments.
b. Paste the callback URL under the CleverTap Webhook URL as illustrated in the following image.
Finding Template Details
You need to replicate the details of your pre-approved templates on CleverTap. To find the details of your pre-approved templates on Haptik, navigate to the Template section from the Haptik dashboard, as shown below.
The Green dot indicates the approved templates. You can replicate these pre-approved templates in CleverTap to start sending campaigns. Refer to the section below to understand how to add templates in CleverTap.
Adding Message Template
To create WhatsApp campaigns, you must have pre-approved WhatsApp message templates saved in the CleverTap dashboard. To add the message templates:
- Navigate to Settings > Channels > WhatsApp > Provider Nickname from the CleverTap dashboard.
- Select the Templates option, and click +Template.
- Enter the template name in the Namespace field.
- Choose the type of template header (Text or Media). For Media headers, you can use Image, Video, Document, and Location
- Enter the message content.
- Select Footer to add a footer text and a button (Quick Reply or a Call To Action).
- Select choose the Language in which you want to display the message.
- Click Save Template.
Testing a Message Template
You can send a test message using the saved templates from the CleverTap dashboard as follows:
- Hover over the desired template for which you want to send a test notification.
- Click Send Test.
- Select the test profiles or manually enter the mobile number to whom you want to send the test message and click Send Test.
The success or failure response is displayed on the dashboard. If the message is not delivered, you can copy the response payload and share it with the Haptik team to debug the issue, as shown in the following figure:
To create a WhatsApp campaign using Haptik as the provider, refer to Create a WhatsApp Campaign for detailed instructions.
Creating a Journey
To create a WhatsApp journey using Haptik as the provider, refer to Create a WhatsApp Journey for detailed instructions.
Updated 9 days ago