CleverTap offers geofencing which is a GPS location-based service that customers can use to engage their audience by sending relevant messages to Android and iOS users. A geofence is a virtual geographic area, represented as latitude and longitude pairs combined with a radius, forming a circle in a specific position on a map. Geofences can vary in size and a geofence cluster can contain up to 100 geofences.
Users can define geofences on the CleverTap dashboard and trigger campaigns in real-time as users enter and exit them around the world. Campaigns are delivered in real-time to users as they exit or enter geofences or sent as follow-ups hours or days later. As the users enter or exit geofences, CleverTap's location analytics create user data that can be used for re-targeting and geofence-specific analytics can generate insight on activities or locations of interest.
To create geofences, perform the following steps:
- From the CleverTap dashboard, select Settings > Geofences.
- Click + Geofence Cluster to create a new geofence cluster.
Geofence and Cluster Limits
You can create up to 100 geofences in each cluster and up to 100 clusters for your app.
- Select the preferred unit of measure that will be used to track the location for the geofence clusters.
- Click Save.
- Click in the Search for location window to select the area you want to display on the map or enter a location in the search bar. A setting pop-up window displays.
- Enter a Geofence name.
- Input a field radius you want the geofence to cover.
- Click Add on the pop-up window.
- Click Continue.
- Enter a geofence cluster name.
- Select a tracking start and end. If you select Select date and time, day and time options display beneath the radio buttons where you can choose a future start and end date and time.
- Click Activate or Schedule.
When entering the details for the geofence cluster, you can select a Do Not Disturb (DND) window. The DND option prevents triggering an engagement for users who enter the geofence on specified days and times.
Add, Edit, or Delete Geofences
Repeat the steps to add more geofences in your cluster. You can have up to 100 geofences in a cluster. In addition, you can edit or delete a geofence by clicking on the location and clicking the edit or delete icon. You can also edit or delete geofences by selecting them from the list on the left.
CleverTap raises two system events every time a device enters or exits a geofence that can be used to run campaigns, analytics, and segmentation:
- Geocluster Entered
- Geocluster Exited
The geocluster name displays under the event properties if the event has at least one occurrence.
For more information, refer to System Events.
Once you have configured your geofence clusters, you can add them to a campaign by performing the following steps:
- From the dashboard, navigate to Campaigns.
- Click + Campaign.
- Select a messaging channel.
- Navigate to Setup > Delivery Type.
- Select Live Behavior.
- Click Done.
- Under the Set a goal section, select Conversion Tracking.
- Select Geocluster Entered or Geocluster Exited and the funnel conversion time.
- Click Done.
Updated 2 months ago