To add a new SMS provider, perform the following steps:
- From the dashboard, navigate to Settings > Channels > SMS.
- Click Add Provider.
- Enter all the required information.
- Click Save.
Once the phone number is validated by the SMS service provider, you can send a test SMS to test the integration before you start creating SMS campaigns and journeys.
To learn more about integrating specific SMS service providers with CleverTap, refer to this document.
To edit a Provider, perform the following steps:
- Click the ellipsis next to the required provider from the Providers tab.
- Click Edit settings to update the provider details.
You can also mark a provider as default by selecting Mark as Default option available in the ellipsis next to a particular provider.
The failure of an SMS provider may affect your SMS campaigns, so it is always better to have another SMS provider. By grouping providers, you can provide your users with a seamless experience.
You can assign a preferred provider to send a message. A provider group is used based on its assigned priority for each message. If provider 1 is unavailable, then we attempt the message with provider 2, and so on. In the end, this ensures higher message deliverability for your campaigns.
Provider Group Maximum
Each provider group can have a maximum of 10 providers.
To create a provider group, perform the following steps:
- From the dashboard, navigate to Settings > SMS > Provider Groups tab.
- Click +Provider Group.
- Enter a Group Name.
- Select the providers by priority.
- Click Save Provider Group.
To edit a provider group, perform the following steps:
- Click the ellipsis next to the required provider from the Provider Groups tab.
- Click Edit settings to add or remove providers or change the priority for any providers.
You can also mark a provider group as default by selecting the Mark as Default option available in the ellipsis next to a particular provider group.
Updated 9 days ago