Amplitude, an analytics and business intelligence platform, helps make informed decisions for targeting users. Integration CleverTap with Amplitude allows you to export your CleverTap event data to your Amplitude dashboard. You can use this event data for further analysis.
This process involves the following two steps:
- Log in to your Amplitude account.
- Navigate to the Settings page.
- Navigate to Org Settings > Projects.
- Click on a project to find the API Key under the General tab.
To configure the CleverTap dashboard:
- Navigate to Settings > Partners from the CleverTap dashboard.
- Hover on the Amplitude icon and click Integrate. The Integrate analytics partner - Amplitude popup opens on the right side of the screen.
- Enter the following details and click Integrate:
Enter the Nickname for your integration.
The unique code for Amplitude to verify your credentials. For more information about obtaining the key, refer to Find Amplitude Details.
The Data Residency is the physical/geographical storage location of data for each project.
|Device ID Mapping||This field is mapped to Amplitude's |
|User ID Mapping||This field is mapped to Amplitude's |
After successful integration, the Integrated tag displays against Amplitude on the Partner List page.
This section lists steps to create a new export from the CleverTap dashboard. To do so:
- Navigate to Settings > Partners > Exports from the CleverTap dashboard.
- Click + Export and select Amplitude from the Partners dropdown.
The Export to Amplitude window displays on the right side of the screen.
- Configure the following settings:
- Type: Select the events to export from the available options. For more information, refer to Export Details.
- Frequency: Select from one of the following options:
- Once only: A single export for the selected export type. You can export data up to the last 60 days. You create an export for a specific day, date range, previous month, current month, and more.
- Recurring: Set up a recurring export that exports all the new events/user profiles captured in the last window. You can export as frequently as every 4 hours and up to once every 24 hours.
- Click Export. The Export to Amplitude window closes, and the following message displays at the top of Exports page:
CleverTap processes the export, and you can now see the newly created export for Amplitude.
The status for each export is displayed as Pending as soon as the export is created. The status changes to Running after the processing starts. In the case of Once only export, the status changes to Done when the export is complete.
You can also stop the export that you have created. To do so, click the icon for the export request you want to stop and then click Stop to confirm your action.
You now return to the Exports page, and the Amplitude data export stopped message displays at the top. The status of the export is displayed as Stopped.
You might need to modify an export to meet specific business requirements or while waiting for the next run. This section describes editing a Live Data Streaming and Recurring export in the Running and Pending (awaiting next run) state.
Points to Remember
- In case of running exports, the new changes will apply to the next run.
- You cannot edit a One-time export, regardless its status (running, pending, completed, or stopped).
- You cannot change the export from User Profile to Event and vice-versa.
- You cannot modify exports marked as Completed or Stopped.
- Export changes for Live DataStreaming take 10-15 minutes to take effect.
To edit an export:
- On the CleverTap dashboard, go to Partners > Exports.
- Click the Ellipsis icon. The Edit and the Stop buttons appear.
- Click the Edit button. The Overview section appears.
- Edit the export details and click Update.
Select from one of the following options to export events from CleverTap to the Amplitude dashboard:
Export data for all defined events, including System and Custom events.
Select the specific events you want to export from CleverTap to the Amplitude dashboard.
Select this option to export the following engagement events:
CleverTap Event Name
The event is tracked when the notification is successfully sent from CleverTap to the communication channel you select for your campaign.
This event is tracked when a user views an email, in-app notification, or a web notification sent from CleverTap.
This event is tracked only when a user clicks on a notification sent via CleverTap. It is recorded when a user clicks on a mobile push, in-app, email, web popup, or web push message sent via the CleverTap dashboard or through the campaign API.
This event is tracked when a Push notification sent from CleverTap is delivered on a user’s device.
This event is tracked when a user replies to a WhatsApp message.
The event is raised when the user unregisters to receive Push Notifications.
The event is raised when a campaign is activated with a Control group.
The event is raised when a user unsubscribes to receive further communication through a channel.
|Push Impressions||This event is tracked when a push notification sent from CleverTap is delivered on a user’s device. The funnels on the Push campaign statistics page reflect the count for this event.|
|Notification Delivered||This event is recorded when communication is delivered to the user's device|
|AB Experiment Rendered||This event is recorded when communication is delivered to the user who is part of an A/B experiment campaign|
|AB Experiment Stopped||This event is recorded when AB experiment is stopped.|
|AB Experiment Rolled Out||This event is recorded when AB experiment is started|
|Geocluster Entered||This event is recorded to mark when a device enters a geofence.|
|Geocluster Exited||This event is recorded to mark when a device exits a geofence.|
|Reply Sent||This event is recorded when an agent (CleverTap user) replies to a message from the end-user.|
|App Uninstalled||This event is recorded when a user uninstalls your application.|
|Webhook Delivered||This event is recorded when a Webhook campaign is delivered successfully|
|State Transitioned||This event is recorded for Lifecycle Optimizer when a user transitions from one stage to another.|
|UTM Visited||This event is tracked when a user clicks on a link from a marketing campaign that has a UTM parameter defined on it.|
Updated 29 days ago