After the email campaign is live, the following events are raised in case of email campaigns:
- Notification Sent when the email campaign is sent to the user.
- Notification Viewed when the user opens the email campaign.
- Notification Clicked when the user clicks on the email campaign.
You can view its stats by navigating to Campaigns from the CleverTap dashboard. To do so:
- Click Campaigns from the dashboard. The All Campaigns page displays.
- Select the email campaign you want to view the stats for. Or you can also filter campaigns using the Filter button (see figure below).
- Click the campaign to open it. The Stats tab displays the following campaign stats: Sent, Viewed, Clicks, CTR, and Converted users.
The stats card shows the total count and the percentage. You can track the following stats for your email campaign:
- Sent: The total number of emails sent.
- Viewed: It shows the open percentage for your message, which is calculated as (Viewed/Sent*100). It also shows the total number of emails opened.
- AMP for Email Viewed: Shows the percentage of your total emails rendered as AMP emails. Displayed in case of AMP Email campaigns.
- HTML Viewed: Shows the percentage of your total emails rendered as HTML.
- Clicks: It shows the percentage of clicks from the total sent messages. It is calculated as (Clicks/Sent*100). It also shows the number of clicks on the emails.
- AMP for Email Clicks: Shows the percentage of clicks on emails rendered as AMP. Displayed in case of AMP Email campaigns.
- HTML Clicks: Shows the percentage of clicks on emails rendered as HTML.
- CTR: The clickthrough rate of the campaign. It is measured by (Click/Viewed*100).
- Converted users: The percentage of total users that performed the conversion event. For example, purchased an item. It also shows the number of users that converted after receiving the campaign.
- Errors: Number of errors for the campaign. These errors can be technical errors, such as email provider errors, or non-technical errors, such as message frequency exceeded.
- Control group: The number of users considered part of a control group for the campaign.
- Unsubscribes: Displays the number of unsubscribes.
Click Message Trend to view the message trends by Sent, Viewed, or Clicked. You can view the daily, weekly, or monthly trends.
Click Conversion Performance to view conversion, revenue performance, and users' conversion funnel.
The conversion performance section shows the conversion boost achieved from your campaign. You can compare your campaign conversions with the control group conversions to see the impact of your campaign.
The Revenue Performance section shows the revenue boost achieved from your campaign.
Shows the conversion funnel, that is Sent > Viewed > Clicked > Converted. You can understand the drop-offs at each step of the campaign.
The Viewed numbers in a report can sometimes be unusually high because of virus scanners, email forwards, email groups, and so on. For more information, refer to Unusually High Email Opens and Clicks. In this case, you can hide the viewed step by selecting the _Hide Viewed _button.
You can track the distribution of clicks on each link that you include in your email campaign. For example, you want to send an email promotion for an upcoming movie on your video streaming app. You can create an email campaign and add links for reviews, promotions, movie merchandise, and so on, and then send the campaign. We will record the clicks for each link in the email, and you can see them on the Campaign Stats page.
You can view the details of users who clicked on your email campaign using the View details of users who clicked link present on the Split of Clicks tab. You are navigated to the Events page. Click the People tab to view user details.
You can also view the user details for notifications sent, viewed, and clicked from the Analytics page of the CleverTap dashboard. Consider an example of viewing the user details for the Notification Viewed event. To do so:
- Navigate to Analytics > Events from the CleverTap dashboard.
- Select the desired date range.
- Select the Notification Viewed event and the required filter. Similarly, you can select the Notification Sent or Notification Clicked event to view the required user details of who performed that event.
- Click View details.
You can view campaign errors from the Stats > Errors tab.
A bounced email is an email message that gets rejected by a mail server. There are two types of bounces:
A soft bounce indicates that mail bounced due to one of the following reasons even though the email address was valid, and the email message reached the recipient's mail server:
- The mailbox was full (the user has consumed all the quota)
- The server was down
- The message was too large for the recipient's inbox
CleverTap campaign reports include soft bounces and do not mark the users as unsubscribed.
A hard bounce indicated that the email was returned to the sender and was completely undeliverable. However, common reasons it got rejected include:
- The email address is invalid
- The email address does not exist
- The recipient's email server has blocked the emails
CleverTap campaign reports include hard bounces and mark the users as unsubscribed.
Retries for Soft Bounce
The number of retries for a soft bounce depends on the Email Service Provider.
Updated 3 months ago