If you integrate your Google AdWords and CleverTap accounts, you will be able to segment your users in CleverTap, and automatically upload those users to Audience lists in your Google AdWords account.
This integration will enable you to easily run remarketing campaigns where you show ads to specific segments of your users across Google Search Network, YouTube, and Gmail.
- Login to the CleverTap Dashboard and go to the Settings page.
- Click on Channels->Remarketing.
- Paste the Customer ID that you copied in step 2 and then click Connect.
- Press Allow when prompted by Google to give access to CleverTap.
If you have multiple CleverTap accounts, make sure that you are using the correct one. Similarly, if you have multiple AdWords accounts, please verify it is the correct one.
When you create create a new campaign in CleverTap, you can select Google AdWords as the channel of communication.
Click on the Campaigns page, click on + Campaign, and then click the Adwords button.
After you select the segment of users you want to target, you can either add the selected segment to an existing Audience list from your Google AdWords account or you can create a new one.
Once you create this campaign in CleverTap, Google will update the audience list within 48 hours. You can then add these audience lists to your ad groups in AdWords and start serving them ads.
- Since it takes up to 48 hours for an Audience list to be populated with members, you will most likely see an "In Progress" status within the AdWords UI when you update an audience list.
- Email addresses must be associated with a Google account.
- Only @gmail.com addresses can be used for targeting in Gmail.
- For privacy purposes, the user list size will show as zero until the list has at least 1,000 members. After that, the size will be rounded to the two most significant digits.
- Google matches the email/phone according to the process mentioned here. This means the number of people uploaded may be less than the number of people actually shown on your AdWords account.
Updated 4 months ago