Signed Call is a new-age voice communication system that uses Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology. The Signed Call SDKs enable sending and receiving voice over the internet. All you need to make calls is a device with an internet connection and the Signed Call SDK. Signed Call has many advantages because it is software-driven. Signed Call SDKs manage the in-app calling without sharing the user's phone number, and the signed calls are more cost-effective and secure than the usual PSTN calls. Developers have the ultimate control over call flows, call screens, and so on.
Signed Call can help multiple businesses. For more information about business use cases, refer to Signed Call Use Cases.
Feature in Beta
This feature is released in private Beta. To enable this feature, contact your CleverTap Customer Success Team or raise a support ticket.
Signed Call is an add-on feature to the existing messaging channels of CleverTap, requiring an additional account setup. After setting up your account, you will get an API Key and an Account ID that you can use to integrate the Signed Call SDKs.
To set up your account, navigate to Messages > Signed Call, and click Sign Up on the CleverTap dashboard.
The Signed Call feature supports Android, iOS, and Web platforms. This section explains the Signed Call SDK integration for all the supported platforms.
To set up Signed Call integration:
- Navigate to Settings > Signed Call > Integration.
- Choose the integration platform and refer to the Quickstart Guide to integrate:
Signed Call Recordings
CleverTap exports the Signed Call voice recorded files directly to your Amazon S3 bucket instead of storing them in the database.
You can customize the brand logo, theme, and color with the Signed Call Branding feature. An incoming call with business branding helps personalize the user experience. This section explains how to set up Content, and Style for the incoming and outgoing call screens.
To set up Signed Call Branding:
- Navigate to Settings > Signed Call.
- Click Branding.
- Enter the Image URL of your Brand Logo.
- Click Done.
- Click the Style tab.
- Select the Background Color.
- Select the color of the text.
- Select Button Theme (Default or White).
- Click Done.
You can preview how the call screen will look on different devices by switching between the Android and iOS toggle.
Override Dashboard's Branding
Signed Call Stats show the analytics of the call initiated using the Signed Call SDKs. These analytics are real-time. You can view, download, and print the analytics chart in different formats.
To view the stats:
- Navigate to Messages and click Signed Call.
- Select the duration for the call stats.
Call status shows the status of all the initiated calls. Following are the status you can view on the dashboard:
- Over - shows the completed calls.
- Declined - shows the calls disconnected by the receiver.
- Missed - shows the calls missed by the receiver.
- Canceled - shows the calls canceled by the initiator.
The Call volumes across the day board shows the number of calls initiated during a specific period (daily, weekly or monthly).
You can view a maximum of 30 days of calls on this board.
CleverTap Signed Call provides inbuilt call screens (Outgoing, Ongoing, and Incoming) with Volume, Bluetooth, and Speaker control for all platforms with zero development efforts. The Signed Call system also comes with inbuilt support for network switching, missed call notifications, and call handling if the user is busy on another call.
Following is an example of a Signed Call screen on Android devices:
Following is an example of a Signed Call screen on iOS devices:
Following is an example of a Signed Call screen on Web browsers:
A. No, you can not make calls without the internet.
A. Yes, Signed Call works on all networks.
A. For Android and Web, the initiator and receivers must allow microphone permission for their device. However, in iOS devices, the Signed Call SDK requires camera permission.
A. If the app is killed, the call still connects on iOS. However, in the case of Android, especially in Chinese OEM devices, we do not guarantee to connect a call if the app is killed because of Battery optimization features on these devices. However, we can connect a call for other Android devices even if the app is killed.
A. The Signed Call SDKs sizes are ~480KB, ~9MB, and 326KB for Android, iOS, and Web, respectively.
A. The SDK may require an update once a year. However, you may have to roll out an update if there is a compliance requirement due to Android or iOS updates.
A. A business is charged based on the minutes consumed. The business can choose from different packs based on its consumption patterns.
A. Yes, the device can make or receive calls from the mobile web, but the browser window or tab must be active.
A. Yes, in India, a ride-hailing company introduced signed calls and named it the "Free Call" feature. The feature is used when a user books a cab. The user and the driver can call each other without revealing the number of either party.
A. We recommend you initialize the Signed Call SDKs when there is a possibility of initiating and receiving the calls. For example, if you are a Food-Tech company, you would only want to initialize the SDK for the consumer once they place an order. After the order is complete, the Signed Call SDK session can be logged out.
A. The following are the main USPs of Signed Call:
- Signed Call has the world's lightest SDKs.
- Signed Call uses its signaling stack for the slightest lag in signaling. Also, Signed Call uses Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM) and Apple Push Notification service (APNs) as a fallback mechanism for ideal performance. This is the only solution that requires zero development effort and can be integrated in no time.
- Signed Call works on data channels, so cost savings are apparent.
- Signed Call provides the ability to determine incoming calls' trustworthiness and effectiveness along with the Branding (the call is authentic and comes from a legitimate business) and Context (the reason why a user is getting the call) options.
Updated 12 days ago