CleverTap users can now leverage the WhatsApp capabilities of ValueFirst Digital to communicate with their customers. The communication includes:
- Sending just-in-time offers to customers to drive purchases
- Gathering feedback on the services
- Keeping customers informed and more
- You must have WhatsApp add-on enabled on the Clevertap account in addition to the basic price plan.
- You need to have an XML account for WhatsApp channel API. (Raise a request at [email protected] to get the WhatsApp XML account in case you do not have one). Expect a response with the WhatsApp account details (Username, Password, WhatsApp number.)
- Ensure that the IP (220.127.116.11) is whitelisted against the XML account at the ValueFirst side.
This process involves the following three steps:
- Signup for ValueFirst-CleverTap Integration Plugin
- Configure ValueFirst
- Configure CleverTap dashboard.
To get started with the integration, the first step is to sign up for ValueFirst-CleverTap WhatsApp Integration. Click this link to sign up. Signup by entering the Name, Email, Company name, and Password.
The next step is to log into the ValueFirst portal and configure the connection.
- To configure the ValueFirst-WhatsApp connection, you need to log in to the ValueFirst portal using the credentials configured in the previous step.
- After you log in, enter the credentials - Username, Password, WhatsApp Phone number (received as part of a prerequisite) and click Authenticate to configure the connector.
After successful authentication, you will get a message - Successfully authenticated ValueFirst account
You can copy the webhook URL available at the bottom (as shown in the image above) and share it with the ValueFirst sales or support team for inbound message and delivery reports configuration.
To configure the CleverTap dashboard:
- Navigate to Settings > Channels > WhatsApp from the CleverTap dashboard.
- Click + Add Provider and select Generic (Other) from the dropdown.
- Enter the following details:
Select Other (Generic) from the dropdown list.
Enter the nickname as ValueFirst
WhatsApp Business Number
Enter your phone number onboarded to WhatsApp API by ValueFirst.
Ensure Request Type is Post
HTTP End point
You need to paste the Auth URL from ValueFirst post its configuration.
- Click Header > Enter the Key name as Authorization and paste the Basic Token Value from the ValueFirst plugin.
- Select the Mark this as default checkbox to make this service provider the default provider to send a WhatsApp message.
- To send an automatic reply to users who message on WhatsApp, but are not tracked on the CleverTap dashboard, you can select the Set auto reply for users not tracked on CleverTap checkbox.
- Click Save to save the details.
You can find the Auth URL under the CleverTap tab on the ValueFirst connector as shown below.
To configure the webhooks, you need to:
Copy the Delivery report callback URL and Inbound Message Callback URL from CleverTap and paste them into Valuefirst’s Status Callback and Incoming Callback fields respectively
You can find the Delivery report callback URL and Inbound Message Callback URL under the Provider Setup page ( Settings > Channels > WhatsApp > Provider Nickname)
To paste the callback URLs, navigate to ValueFirst-CleverTap WhatsApp Plugin > select the CleverTap tab next to the ValueFirst tab and paste the Status Callback & Incoming Callback. After pasting the URLs, click Save to save the configuration.
In order to create WhatsApp campaigns, you need to have pre-approved WhatsApp message templates saved in the CleverTap dashboard. Follow the procedure below to add the templates.
- Navigate to Settings > Channels > WhatsApp > Provider Nickname in the CleverTap dashboard. Further Select the Templates option, and click +Template.
- Enter the template name in the namespace field.
- Choose the type of template header (Text or Media). For Media headers, you can use Image, Video, Document, and Location
- Enter the message content.
- You can also choose to add a Footer text and a Button (Quick Reply or a Call To Action).
- You can also choose the language in which you want to display the message.
- Click Save Template.
To create a WhatsApp campaign using ValueFirst as the provider, refer to Create a WhatsApp Campaign for detailed instructions.
To create a WhatsApp journey using ValueFirst as the provider, refer to Create a WhatsApp Journey for detailed instructions.
Updated 7 days ago