You can explore answers to commonly asked questions in the section below.
A. When you create a segment, you can view the reachability of this segment across all channels such as, Web Push, Mobile Push, SMS, Email, and Audiences. This helps you check your campaigns reachability even before you create them.
Navigate to Segments > Segments, then choose the Segment name.
Some of the reasons that may affect Mobile Push reachability include:
- Token Not Present: One of the key reasons for low reachability is that the push token is unavailable in the user profile.
- User Unsubscribe: The user may have unsubscribed from your app and does not want to receive push notifications.
- Token Not Generated: The token did not generate on the first app launch.
- App Uninstall: The user has uninstalled the app.
A. The User DND Set error occurs when you qualify users for a campaign despite unsubscribing on the target device. This error informs you that these users have been passed into the error bucket.
A. The Global Frequency feature limits the total number of messages that can be scheduled per day for a user, taking into account all active devices and across different communication channels.
Navigate to Settings > Engage > Setup > Campaign limits to cap the frequency for various channels.
From the Cambaign limits page, you can define the number of messages you want to send to each user in X number of days.
You can also specify the following:
- Dwell time is the gap you want to keep between messages.
- Throttle controls the flow of your messages.
For more information on dwell time, refer to Dwell Time Between Messages.
For more information on throttling, refer to Throttle.
Now, when you create a campaign, and you want to disable the Global frequency limit, clear the Global Campaign Limit option under the Who section. The Global Campaign Limit is enabled by default.
A. You can export the data from CleverTap using one of the three methods below:
S3 Export (AWS): You can export your event and profile data in the AWS S3 bucket using CleverTap Data Exports. For more information on using our data export, refer to Data Export to AWS S3.
Export via API: You can export your events and user data with our APIs. For more information, refer to API Overview.
Find People: You can download the profile data directly from the CleverTap dashboard through the Find People page with the following steps:
- Navigate to Segments > Find People.
- Define the criteria you want to export, then click View Details.
- Click the download icon below Total users to initiate the export.
A. The Duplicate Platform ID error occurs in one of the following scenarios:
- When a single token is assigned to multiple profiles and both the profiles qualify for the campaign. CleverTap sends the notification to the profile that qualifies first, and the other profile is marked as a Duplicate Platform ID.
- When the same mobile number is assigned to multiple profiles and they qualify in your campaign. Only one profile receives the notification; the other profiles are marked as a Duplicate Platform ID.
A. Uploading your historical user data via CSV is quick and simple; however, note the following key pointers before uploading your user data via CSV:
- The identity field must be defined as identity with a lowercase i and not Identity.
- The identity field is a mandatory column.
- Check that your CSV complies with the CSV standards. Otherwise, the upload will be denied.
- You can download the sample CSV file for a quick check from the Settings section under CSV uploads.
Below is a sample CSV:
A. These errors mean the following:
User not reachable: This error is raised when the qualifying device is unreachable on the selected communication channel. For example, if a user performs a qualifying action on the web for a mobile push live campaign.
Profile not reachable: This error is raised when the qualifying profile is not reachable on the selected communication channel. For example, a user blocks push notifications on iOS but qualifies for a campaign. This user does not receive the campaign and is marked as a profile not reachable.
Updated 2 months ago